Recruit a placement student
The majority of Surrey students complete a Professional Training placement in the third year of a four-year degree with one of over 2,300 of our industry partners. This ensures that they are work ready and able to make an impact on your organisation from day one.
Advertise a placement opportunity
Why employ a Professional Training placement student?
- A flexible low-cost recruitment solution for up to 12 months
- Access to specific skills and knowledge that can benefit your business
- Experience an enthusiastic and fresh approach to your business needs
- Give existing staff the opportunity to supervise and mentor a student
- Get a head start on identifying and recruiting the best graduates for your company
- Students can act as excellent ambassadors of your company when returning to the University
How does the placement scheme work?
- Placements run for a minimum of 46 working weeks, excluding any time taken as annual leave
- Placements can start anytime during the summer (July to September)
- Students are provided with a designated workplace supervisor and training throughout the duration of the placement
- Each individual is supported by an academic tutor during their placement; there are two on-site visits over the course of the year
- There is a competitive, open recruitment process in which employers choose suitable applicants
- A tripartite agreement is signed between the University, student and employer outlining the responsibilities of all parties
- We provide support to your organisation and our students throughout the whole placement
If you wish to advertise a placement please login to Surrey Pathfinder.
What our partners say
Find out from first-hand how businesses have benefited from employing our placement students.
Enterprise Rent-A-Car is one of the largest recruiters in the UK and as such we recruit from a wide range of degree disciplines. Over the years we have built a close working relationship with the beat365登录官网 to recruit top quality graduates with proven academic ability tied in with the necessary soft skills that are required to be successful in business.Enterprise Rent-A-Car
We have an annual intern programme and regularly employ students from Surrey because we find them to be of a consistently high standard, both from a technical view point and personally.Qualcomm Europe
We operate a postgraduate placement scheme, where our Surrey Business School graduates can apply their specialised knowledge and skills with an emphasis on project delivery and problem-solving.
The Doctoral College has funding to support postgraduate researchers (those undertaking a doctorate) undertake a work placement, so at no cost to your organisation. Placements are funded for up to 420 hours (equivalent of 35 hours per week for 12 weeks), part-time and flexible models are popular with our postgraduate researchers. For further information and to express an interest: Employers | beat365登录官网